Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Weekend 2010

We had a great Valentine's weekend! We did our celebrating on Saturday. We couldn't wait very long to exchange gifts!! Hehe. This year I used my scrapbookin' skillz to make a page for Ian:

Ian's Mustang

I had it printed and I framed it in a black frame for his desk. He used to have this photo hanging by his desk and I wanted him to have that again so he can remember his car is still there waiting for him to work on it, and that I support his dreams! Hopefully he thinks this is even better than taping the photo to the wall :)

Now, I'm proud of what I made for him, but I definitely felt like I slacked since other years I have made him entire albums!! Also I had no idea he would end up giving me my absolute FAVORITE present I have ever gotten:

10 Things I Love About You

Yes, he made me this book. It is the sweetest gift ever. I love his hand-drawn doodles, the stickers he used all over it, and all the lovely things he wrote for me.

Please oh please go look at the album! He spent so much time making it and it is so very special to me.

Not too long after this we went down to a little pond in our neighborhood to snap a couple pics in our Valentine's reds before heading out to dinner:



Ian was very proud of his gift to me (and he should be!!!):
Valentine's by the Pond
Valentine's by the Pond

We then headed up to Winter Park for dinner at our favorite little sushi place. The weather got worse as we got closer, and eventually, traffic stopped:

Winter Park...

We waited a while... at least it looked very pretty around there:

Winter Park...

Eventually though, we found out there was a really bad accident and traffic was blocked both directions. A guy who gave up and turned around told us that he had waited over an hour already, and no signs of them opening it up soon. So we turned back. We came all the way back to Golden to have dinner, and we were HUNGRY!! We went to the Yard House in Golden... but I thought it was only "ok". Good thing the first half of our day was so awesome :) :) Made up for it.

Sunday we got to relax and hang out together... and I also did a lot of scrapbooking!! So I will be posting new layouts soon :)

2 comments:

  1. It seems you married the perfect guy for you! I don't know any husbands who would make such a sweet and creative gift. I love the way you both wore red for V-Day pics. My best friend in college had a yellow Mustang like that (minus the rims).

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwwwwww now how sweet is that album - finally figured out how to do a slideshow in Flickr! Loved it, very sweet - tell your dh that was a beautiful gift, it almost made ME cry! lol ... (I loved the bee page, super cute)

    ReplyDelete