Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Glenwood Springs Layouts

I have been really sick ever since I got back from Chicago! I am finally getting better, but I'm really behind on a lot of things... like posting layouts, and posting ABOUT my trip to Chicago!! Today I finally finished the last layout of my Glenwood Springs series, so I am now ready to share all of them. :)

Big surprise, I have used Yin's Templates on every single one of these layouts... hehe!! I wanted a nice cohesive look to them since they are all from the same trip.

This trip in September 2009 was only 3 days long, and only a few hours from home... but there were SO MANY photographs that I just really wanted to do all these separate layouts! It was the weekend of my hubby's birthday, and we went to do this really tough hike we had been talking about since we met. He had done it before, but I never had. In the shape we are in, this was really really difficult... but also so rewarding! We love nature and photography so this was incredible for us. Someday when our health is improved I want to do this again to see how much easier it will be. :)

Alright... on to the layouts! I usually post the 2-page view as well as both pages separately, but as that would make for SO MANY PHOTOS in this case, I am only posting the 2-page view. You can click the 2-pager to view it larger, and I will provide links underneath to see the left and right sides individually if you want to :)














So there we have it!! I did most of these before I got sick but I was waiting to be all done and post them together :) Finally got the last one fnished today. Let me know what you think!!

Next I think I'm going to do some more work on my Greece & Turkey album... the trip was in 2007 and the album is nowhere near done... and I would really like to complete it!

16 comments:

  1. Those are awesome layouts and the pictures are amazing. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look great!! Glad you are feeling better!! :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christie, glad you're feeling better! You know what I think, all your layouts are fabulous! :) And I'm not just saying that because you're using my templates .. hehe.. wow, thanks for the support! You take such wonderful trips and take such beautiful photos.. and the latest layout with the waterfall is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!! These templates are PERFECT for scrapping trips and stuff, thanks for the inspiration!! I always love looking at your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Yin's templates. I like to use lots of photos most of the time, and they are great for that. I also love that the photos are placed "randomly" (for lack of a better word) . . . makes it easy to add more or take one or two out if I don't have enough photos and it still looks good.

    Your layouts looks wonderful. I like how you use photos as background--I'd like to try more of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Editing to say photo not photos--it looks like you used part of a photo in the background of the Sprouting Rock layout.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the inspiration. I really enjoyed looking at your layouts. They are wonderful. I've used Yin's templates a lot, they are very versatile and it's always nice to see other people's layouts with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great pictures and fabulous layouts! No wonder you couldn't leave any of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layouts. I also love Yin's templates and find I go to them before any others. Your pictures make me want to visit. Of course congrats on the hike

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some mad photo skillz! These layouts are beautiful. What kind of camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jess ~
    I do love using photos in my backgrounds pretty often :) The sprouting rock layout though, that's just a really nice bark-looking paper by Lindsay Jane :) When blending photos into backgrounds I go to blending options and use either 'normal' or 'overlay' depending on which looks better, and mess with opacity and fill until I like the result. Then sometimes I use an eraser at 50% opacity or less to soften the photo edges into the background more.
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura ~

    Thank you so much! I am a point and shoot girl, tried fancy cameras but I am just not into the technical aspects. I use a Canon Powershot SD780 IS and I love love love it! It does great macro and captures amazing color.

    I know I could do so much more if I learn more technical stuff and had a DSLR with great lenses... maybe sometime in the future! For now I like my point and shoot and I rely on my eye for composition to get my photos. I am a huge advocate for point and shoots and for saying, it's HOW you take the photo, not what you take it with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous layouts!! What a great way to scrap all your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, awesome!! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are absolutely beautiful! The layouts and the photos are fantastic. I can see I need to add Glenwood Springs to my list of must-see places I have yet to visit here in this grand state of ours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've read about Hanging Lake and considered tackling the hike but also hear it was extremely tough! The reward looks like it is worth it though. Your pictures and layouts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete