Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Layouts & Teaching

I scrapped a new page today - FINALLY! It had been almost a month! I used the cute photos of Melissa & me from last week and a great freebie kit I found today from this blog Stolen Moments.
Soon To Be Sisters

I also have this two-pager to share. I actually did this one at the beginning of the month but had forgotten to post about it.
Trial Ridge and Bear Lake
Trial Ridge and Bear Lake
Trial Ridge and Bear Lake

The photos from that layout are from August 2007 when we went into Rocky Mountain National Park with my aunt and grandma.

Those are all I have in the way of new layouts to share. It's been a busy month and not a lot of time for scrapping. But I am feeling the mojo coming back :)

I got to have my first experience in teaching digital scrapbooking over the holidays! My aunt has been wanting to learn, and I gave her some lessons. I didn't have my lesson plan all done or handouts to give her, so I was totally winging it. But I basically took things in the same order that I will be teaching classes. It was easier with her than it will be with a complete newbie, because she is somewhat familiar with photoshop tools and things like that.

I have to say, it was SO MUCH FUN to help her learn, and to see how happy she got when she completed her first page and realized she could do it! I think I will really enjoy teaching this to people. I did decide that I would like to start out with one-on-one lessons before I try to tackle a small group. It will help me gain the experience I need.

I guess overall I am just happy to see that this is something I will enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment